Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Ring #2 - Wire







AAR

Sustains:
I think this ring was successful in that it looks nice on the hand. The balls on the end of each piece of wire are also nice and smooth and draw your eye in.

Improves:
I wish I could have had some more control with laying the wires out before soldering them together. I ended up having to bundle the wires together and solder them that way instead of laying them out next to each other so create a flat shank. The balls on the end keep the wires from being able to touch so I couldn't figure out a way to solder them together that way. Also when I tried hammering the ring around the mandrel, the wires started to look twisted on the shank of the ring instead of straight across, which is what I wanted.

What Ifs:
I think this ring could have been better if it wasn't a design that's been done again and again. I really wanted to reference mold spores which do look similar to what I created, but I wish I would have pushed the design a little further to come up with something a little more interesting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You might try using the macro setting on your camera if it has one (most likely does). It has a flower symbol on it. It allows the camera to focus on objects close to the lense.