Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Bedazzled at the Walters






To learn about the history of jewelry and to receive extra credit Jan had us go see the Bedazzled exhibition at the Walters. I think it was the perfect way to start our ring project. I got most of my design research on rings from this exhibition.

The exhibition was beautiful. Smaller than I expected it to be, but beautiful nonetheless, and very informative. Here are some pics I took starting from the beginning of the exhibition and working my way down to the end:







Etruscan:





Egyptian:




Roman:








Renaissance:








Draw plate:

I had to include this because I learned how to use the draw plate in our studio at school for the first time so I was excited to see this!




Lalique:






French:





Some random rings that I liked:

these came from all over, not sure exactly which era each ring is from...



No comments: