Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Arthur David Hash

As soon as I heard that Arthur Hash was coming to speak I knew I recognized his name from somewhere. It took me a couple of minutes before I realized that I looked at some of his bracelets for inspiration for a project last year I did on slime mold. I posted the pages from my sketchbook where I referenced his work.





Here are a few of his other pieces that caught my eye:


I think this is such a clever idea, and the abstract design makes a beautiful piece.


Above is a brooch from Don Friedlich's magnification series that I love.


This "bubble bracelet" by Arthur Hash reminded me of Don's brooch.


I found this on Hash's flickr site. It has no label so I have no idea what it is, but I think the form is really nice.

2 comments:

Petros Pappalas said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jangrrrrl said...

good work, Katy. Good dot onnecting.