Sunday, September 7, 2008

Top Design


I was sitting here just now "wrecking" my journal thinking that I really should go over to the studio when the show on TV in the background caught my attention. It's called Top Design and it is AWESOME. It's on Bravo, and I'm sure I'm the last to know about it since I don't watch much TV.

I caught the show while the contestants were divided into teams and their task was to decorate a NY loft. The teams were at junk yards and thrift stores because their budget was only about $2,000. It was so cool to see them running around grabbing things I would usually pass by and brainstorming how each piece could be restored in simple ways to create something beautiful.

A mini-challenge came in the midst of this where there were a bunch of boxes laid out on a table and the contestants had 30 minutes to grab a few of them and use whatever was in the house they were staying in to make beautiful shadow boxes. I loved watching the contestants under pressure and how each person handled it differently. I also loved all of the different outcomes.

Just a fun fun show. And it's back on now!

No comments: