Thursday, September 25, 2008

AAR for Deconstruct/Reconstruct Project

Sustains:

What I think I did well was I took a risk by incorporating a lot of curves into my die forms. I also worked very hard at coming up with a form I liked and went through about 16 pages of sketches until I came up with something I liked. I did a lot of sketches on how I would alter the form I finally chose too. In the end, although my edges didn't meet up the way I would have liked, I was very pleased with the shapes I had. It also helped having extra time, so in order to make sure I have some extra time for the next project I plan to jump in IMMEDIATELY to allow myself some wiggle room.

Improves:

What didn't work so well was my time management. Next time I really need to create a project management sheet where I plan out ahead of time what I need to get done each day. I also need to work on my chasing a little bit to make sure that the edges are completely flat so that they will meet up when the form is cut out. I know what I was doing wrong now (hammering waaaay too hard) so I think now I just need to practice.

What Ifs:

The project could have been more successful not only if the edges would have met up, but if I wouldn't have used so much glue. The glue made the pieces look a little messy. I also learned after I turned my project in that my I'm filing all wrong. So I think the forms could potentially look a lot better if they were chased correctly and I got some more control when filing. The good part about my project what the overall shape of each form.

No comments: