Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Rendering of Project #1



Today's production class was AWESOME. Heidi Lowe spoke and gave us a lot of vaulable information on multiples and production and the difference between the two. Rebecca Dortzbach also came and spoke to us about rendering. She showed us how to take into account where the light source comes from and how to blend with markers. I have always hated drawing but after today's experience using vellum paper and prisma colors I couldn't wait to get home and finish.

I did have a really hard time picturing the brooch in my head and rendering it in color so Rebecca suggested that I go home and set up the brooch with a light source pointing to the top left of the piece. So that is exactly what I did, and here it is. A render of one of my maquettes. It is supposed to be the bottom of a soda can cut off and it is filled with rocks. The end result is supposed to be a brooch.

1 comment:

susannahnaree said...

nice drawing katy!! i love it!