Saturday, November 22, 2008

green chandeliers

I grew up in an old Victorian style house in New Orleans that was filled with huge crystal chandeliers so ever since I was little I have been attracted to them. In school we have been researching and looking at lots of eco-friendly objects so my eye has been jumping to any kind of green design I see. I came across these chandeliers that were eye-catching and beautiful and green at the same time!


This chandelier is made by Studio Verissimo out of recycled coffee stirrers.



This one is made by Michelle Brand. She cut the bottom off of plastic bottles to craft this.


Although this one isn't sparkly, I still love the feeling it gives off. It's not glitzy, but very soothing. It's made Julia Lohmann from dried Irish and Japanese kelp.

No comments: