Thursday, February 7, 2008

Making Connections

Arik Levy's Black Honey fruit bowl




bowl from Target





I was at Target the other day taking pictures of different textures and I came across this bowl. I had to take a picture of it because it immediately made me think of a mixture between Arik Levy's Black Honey fruit bowl (epoxy) and Tracy's Droog project (mounted earring holder made of etched copper discs) from Jewelry II last semester, both of which I love.

This target bowl isn't as fun because the shape isn't warped like Arik Levy's, the washers don't have cool etchings on them like Tracy's earring holder (that i wish i had a pic of!), and there are some cheesy plastic beads wrapped in the middle of each washer with wire. Nonetheless, it caught my attention right away and I thought if nothing else, it helped me to get my mind thinking in terms of design.

1 comment:

Jangrrrrl said...

Nice, Katy.
Gold Star.
Jan