Monday, December 10, 2007

Geode







My hollow fabrication is a geode made of sterling silver. I decided that it is not wearable, rather it is meant for display. The front of the geode has the rings of a geode etched on it. The back of the geode has a simple hammer texture. The outer wall was etched using nail polish as a resist that was dabbed on randomly to create a texture similar to the outside of a geode. On the inner wall I used two stamping tools, one with a triangle on the end and one with a "V" shape to try create a 2-D version of a crystal texture. When I was finishing the piece with sanding discs, i lost a lot of the texture I had created. The pictures are horrible...I'm still trying to figure out how to use my new camera! But these are to give you an idea of what I made.

No comments: